Mel's

Friday, March 23, 2007

hello,

I just scanned this picture of my two boys.
They are my little/big angels. The German Shepherd's name is Diesel he is 3. The Black Lab Newfoundland's name is Grizz and he is 1. Almost two (April 29th).
They go with me every where, and yes they are very very smart to boot. I got diesel when he was 6 months old. I saved him from a lady that wanted to have him put to sleep because she was mad at her husband. Grizz came to the shelter that I work at when he was 10 months old. He was first in a home with 10 children and he was too big a dog for a household that big. Then he went to live with a rich man that already had a 10 year old dog. Well you don't get a 10 month old dog as a companion for a 10 year old dog. Anyway he left Grizz home alone or 14-16 hours a day and Grizz chewed up a pillow. So the man was going to just let him loose and hope that he would be ok. He did call the shelter , at the time we had no room in the shelter so we couldn't really take him, but we felt bad and said that he could bring him. well Grizz was going to have to sleep in a cat cage because we had so many animals and I said I would take him home for the night. well that was in June and today I still have Grizz, ge has become a part of our family. His name was originally Diesel and I couldn't have 2 dogs named diesel, so I thought that he looked like a bear a grizzly bear so hence the name grizz. They both love o swim, play or should i say eat Tennis balls, watch tv/movies, and hog mommies bed. Needless to say I love them very much and they are special to me. I keep telling my mom that they are her grandchildren, but she says" I am not a grandmother to dogs".-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home