Mel's

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mel's

People think that life in maine is boring, especially in the winter.But Maine is the only place that can say on December 2nd that Chester Greenwood who was born in Farmington in 1858 invented the earmuffs. Now I know that in todays society it is not "cool" to ware ear muffs, but where else can you see a parade in the freezing cold to celebrate something. Farmington maine is known as the earmuff capitol of the world. farmington will have the local police cruisers decorated as giant earmuffs.
and they say life is boring in Maine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Wales said...

It's about time! : ) Enjoy your cold parade. I got to wear a jacket this week. Only at night though. It's still to warm for a jacket during the day.

Can't wait to see you at Christmas.

2:17 PM  
Blogger mommmydeb said...

WHO says life in Maine is boring? Not anyone that grew up in this family I hope?
I commenced to think about the word 'boring' and can't fathom what it would feel like to be bored. HHHhhhhhhmmmmmm

4:17 AM  
Blogger Curt and Sarah said...

Hey Mel,

I love earmuffs. When I was shorter (say, third grad or so) I used to wear these hot pink indecently furry earmuffs all year round because I thought they were SO COOL! I pretended they were headphones, sometimes.

It's good to connect. Check out our blog sometime, too. :)
Later,
Sarah (for Curt, and Megan, too) Gwin

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home