Mel's

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

03/13/2007 ok ok I know that I said I was going to be better at blogging, but I have not and for that I am sorry. My wonderful mom keeps telling me " your brother updated his blog why didn't you.? Well Lets see it' been cold today -25 with the wind chill. About a month ago I ripped one of my contacts and I called the eye doctor to replace it, but my contacts have been back ordered so I have been walking around with one eye. that is such a pain. I thank the Lord that I am not totally blind. At the animal shelter where I work we have a blind cat. her name is Keller. get it( Helen Keller). I'll try and figure of how to get a picture of her on here so everyone can see her.

Also at the animal shelter, we are having a bout of ringworm. For those who are not familar with what it is. (Ringworm is an infection caused by a fungus that grows in the dead, superficial layers of the skin, hair or nails. It has nothing to do with worms. The scientific name for ringworm is dermatophytosis, and fungi which cause the disease are called dermatophytes. There are approximately 40 different species of dermatophyte, each tending to cause infection in particular species of hosts. In the cat, the cause of more than 90 per cent of cases of ringworm is the dermatophyte Microsporum canis (M canis). The treatment for ring worm is Lyme dipping which is made with sulfa. Let me tell you after Lyme dipping 150 cats. My arms looked like raw hamburger( you can thank my mom for that analogy.) because of all the cat scratches, bits and the sulfa eats at your skin. The other treatment that you have to use is athlete's foot cream you put it on the bare spots. Some cats loose there fur . so needless to say I have been having loads of fun. At least it's 45 outside today and it won;t get dark for another few hours. but I must go do something responsible. I am hoping to get a computer of my own soon. that way I won;t have to go use the library's and I can really update more.

1 Comments:

Blogger mommmydeb said...

No I don't want it!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home